Let me start out thanking my dear friend Daniel Pietrosemoli that works with 3d printers since the first ones started appearing and decided to give us this wonderful Thing-o-matic. He works as technical coordinator at Medialab-Prado and you can learn something about the stuff he does in this video (in spanish).
My TOM with HBP was assembled by Daniel, Carlo and Marianna and then modified a little bit.
- added some rhinestones (well, I AM a girl with a 3d printer, right?)
- changed the MK6 extruder for an MK7 makerbot extruder
- added the Makerbot Safety Cutoff switch
- added ikea Dioder lights
- changed to just 3 regulation screws on the platform, and added some printed thumbwheels
- the base of the TOM was drilled to add some more ventilation because the power supply was changed
Right now I’m using ReplicatorG 0040, with accelerated Jetty Firmware
After some minor success using ABS I tried out PLA and I LOVE it